“What is soft glam makeup, really?” I ask celebrity makeup artist Katie Jane Hughes just before our Soft Glam Makeup tutorial over Zoom. She happily responds, “It’s whatever you want it to be!” We finally land on a definition: very natural makeup with pops of color that resembles a trendy filter. Think Petra Collins meets Tom’s One Hour Photo.
In signature KJH fashion, it’s all about the skin and warm eyes and we also add a bit of fun gloss and full brows. A soft glam makeup look is simple, so simple, in fact, we did it with our fingers! To keep hot girl summer going even while being booked and busy, here is the easiest, most colorful look you can pull off in minutes. Soft Glam is the makeup aesthetic of summer 2021—I’m calling it now.
- Spray your palette directly with a primer spray (shadow applies better when wet!).
- Begin by rubbing a good amount of product on your fingertips.
KJH sprays MAC’s Quick Fix Spray onto the palette. Then, she rubs the pink eyeshadow from the Revlon Big Bang palette onto her fingertips.
- Use a fingertip to apply to the eyeshadow on the eyelid.
- Start applying close to your lash line and work your way up the eyelid (left to right).
- Once the eyeshadow is dry on the eyelid, use a clean fingertip to blend out the shadow.
- Feel free to apply more.
- Let the shadow dry.
KJH used the pink shadow from the Revlon Big Bang Palette on her eyelids.
- Use another clean fingertip to add a gold shadow to the eye’s inner corner.
- Blend into the original shadow.
KJH uses her pinky finger to apply a yellow gold shadow from the Revlon palette onto her inner eyelid. She slightly blends both shadows (gold and pink) together.
- Use a clean finger to apply an orange eyeshadow to the outer corner of the eyelid.
- Blend to your liking.
KJH applies the orange shadow from the Revlon palette to her outer eye. Then, she blends the orange eyeshadow with the pink.
- Now apply your favorite mascara. Do not be afraid to add an extra layer or two!
KJH applies Revlon’s So Fierce Big Bad Lash mascara to her eyelashes.
- Apply your favorite bronzer or highlighter to your cheekbones with your fingertips.
- Add your favorite concealer to any areas that need a touch-up.
KJH uses the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Cream Face Palette to add shadow to her cheeks for a more defined look.
- Apply a sheer blush pink nude lip gloss. Start with a little and add more to your liking.
- Once applied, top off the lip gloss with a nude lip liner.
KJH uses Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss and a nude lip liner.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io